Bible Based Marriage, Pregnancy, Birthing, Family Planning, Childrearing

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 12 pregnancy photo journal

Almost done with the 1st trimester!  Really starting to feel a difference in my morning sickness (thank goodness!) and am starting to be far less tired.  We've been having so much fun going for walks out in the beautiful wilderness and beaches in our area and enjoying being a family of 5 for the short amount of time we will be so.
Week 11!

I just couldn't decide which I liked so I kept both for week 11.

Here is week 12.

This week instead of a "tip of the week"  I'm going to do a "story of the week"

Story of the Week:  At my last ob appointment I was told that my pelvis was "perfect for having babies" and was warned that I "probably wouldn't push much" with our next baby.  This ob clearly has never delivered one of my 3 babies since with my first I pushed for 5 contractions, my second I pushed for 3 contractions and for my third I was panting (like you would if you felt the urge to push far too early) because I felt my daughter was coming out too fast.  I never pushed for her at all.  My body did all the work for me (rather quickly I might add). 

What makes me think about this story is someone at my church this week ended up pushing for 3.5hrs!  I just don't have a concept of this.  I feel for her of course, but definitely don't understand the experience.  Now I understand why every ob, midwife and nurse who has ever attended one of my births always tell me I'm "made to have babies."  I honestly never understood why they said this until the story of this poor momma's birthing.  For all you long pushing momma's - I do not "know how you feel" but I must say, any one of you who has pushed for hours - I admire your strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment